Two and a half years in with LCHF and pushing 50, here are just some of the added, unexpected health benefits that I’ve noticed:
- No dry skin: skin is soft and elastic again, like a baby’s, looks and feels younger.
- Better cognition: able to concentrate for longer, work long days without any fatigue due to brain working on ketones.
- Sleep better: deeper, more refreshing sleeps. Easily get by on less sleep if required: quality not quantity, again due to ketones.
- No huge blood sugar swings and crashes, stable moods.
- Improved eyesight: used to wear glasses for distance, not any more! Human lens is very sensitive to glucose and swells if blood glucose is elevated.
- Can wear 32″ jeans again, first time in over 20 years!
- Overall feel more full of energy, strong desire to exercise!
There’s absolutely no going back for me!