Anyone following this blog will not be surprised by this headline.
The latest report by the UK National Obesity Forum states that:
- Low-fat food has had “disastrous health consequences” and should be reversed.
- Eating fat does not make you fat (a physiological FACT by the way!!)
- Saturated fat does not cause heart disease and full-fat dairy is probably protective (I agree with all but the dairy bit. See my other posts re dairy in particular..)
- Processed foods labelled “low fat”, “lite”, “low cholesterol” or “proven to lower cholesterol” should be avoided
- Starchy and refined carbohydrates should be limited to prevent and reverse type 2 diabetes
- Optimum sugar consumption for health is zero
- Industrial vegetable oils should be avoided
- People should stop counting calories
- You cannot outrun a bad diet
- Snacking will make you fat
- Evidence-based nutrition should be incorporated into education curricula for all healthcare professionals
I think I can confidently say that I have tackled EVERY SINGLE one of these items in this blog, at some point or another..
Tell us something we don’t know!