BBQ season is in full swing here and what better than some VERY easy and simple beef kebabs to fill you up!
You’ll be surprised at just how easy and tasty these are. For best results, use a high-fat content beef, not too lean, a) for the fat content itself in order to satiate and b) for a nice texture that’s easy to work with onto the kebab skewers. The fat also helps it cook better, less burning. We use Lidl 17% fat mince beef for perfect results. A “Weber-Style” charcoal BBQ with lid is also essential for that authentic BBQ, slow cook, juicy texture. Add some home made garlic mayo & salad (just add some crushed garlic to mayo recipe and leave in fridge for a couple of hours). You’ll find that just a couple of these will fill you up nicely!
First, here’s some keto porn to whet your appetite. Scroll down to bottom for the recipe itself..
- 800g of “high fat” minced beef
- 2 tsp of Himalayan salt
- Pinch of green/ black pepper to taste
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- Some fresh thyme
- Some fresh basil
- Wooden BBQ skewers
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl by hand or using a hand blender
- Leave covered in fridge for min 1/2 day.. the longer, the better.
- Take a handful of the mixture and mould onto a skewer as per above photos.
- Slow grill on a covered, charcoal BBQ for approx 10 mins or so, turning occasionally until cooked right through.